Backyard Battle - March 7th
Not your average snowboard contest, we want to introduce you to Backyard Battle! A head to head, trick for trick, bracket-style BATTLE….on snow!
On March 7th, Mount Norquay will be throwing the Bow Valley’s first ever “Backyard Battle” We will be giving away a New to you Car to one winner!
Unlimited Skate and Snow, Rude Boys, Rude Girls, High Rollers and Mount Norquay
The grand prize for this 3 part collaborative event is none other than a 1989 Daytona Turbo.
New to Battle at the Berrics? Check out our instructional video below with the Unlimited Team Rider Eric Corbin and Rude Boys Team Rider Jon Chew.
Event Format Breakdown
- Norquay’s Backyard Battle is a one-on-one game of ‘S.N.O.W’
- Opponents will be drawn at random and placed on a bracket board which will be revealed the night before the event (March 6th).
- Opponents will “Ro-SHAM-BO” (rock paper scissors) to set the trick, opponent will repeat the set trick but if the rider does not land the set trick they will be given a letter. First one to spell S.N.O.W loses and the winner advances to the next round.
- - Female competitors will always set the trick. On their last letter, females will get an extra attempt.
- All riders will be in one category.
Entry is limited! YOU MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE ONLINE, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Make sure you read the terms and conditions and register now using the link above.
The first 32 riders who register before February 21st will receive an Early bird discount. What are you waiting for? Show us what you’re made of!
Age Limit: Riders must be 16+ with a valid drivers’ license. License will need to be shown in order to claim the car..
Live Bracket Draw: Friday, March 6th @ High Rollers from 19:00 to 21:00
Event Date: Saturday, March 7th @ Norquay
Time: Early rounds: 12:00 – 18:00
Semi-finals and Finals: 19:00 onwards
After Party: 22:00 at High Rollers, featuring a DJ and drink tickets for the first 30 riders.
Price: Register for an Early bird Discount – entry fee only $30. Limited to 32 spots. Following that, full registration fee is $50.
* First tow rounds may be scaled, depending on attendance.
** Must have a valid Lift Ticket or Season Pass.
***Helmets are Mandatory
Need more info: Contact email@example.com
Live Bracket Draw
Friday March 6th at High Rollers from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Join us for the live draw to see who your opponent will be and stay for a chance to win back your entry fee and lift ticket to the contest.
Riders will be randomly placed into a bracket of up to 64 boarders. The two riders drawn against each other will initially play rock-paper-scissors to find out who will pick the first ‘set trick; for our park Feature. Basically, one rider will set the trick, and the other will need to follow by landing the same trick. If the rider is un-able to repeat a set trick, they will be given a letter. If a rider fails to set a trick, it will be the other riders opportunity to set the next trick. First rider with 4 letters (S.N.O.W) is eliminated, with the winning rider moving to the next round.
Leave a comment